Subicare is a not for profit community based centre located in the heart of Subiaco. It is dedicated to providing quality care and early years education for children aged 0-5 years old.
Our Vision is to support children to become resilient, self-confident, respectful and knowledgeable individuals, well equipped to succeed in their life long journey of learning and development.
Subicare Early Learning Centre
At Subicare Early Learning Centre we value early childhood education and aim to positively contribute to the development and learning of every child while adhering to the standards, principles, practices and outcomes set out within the National Quality Framework and the WA Kindergarten Curriculum Guidelines. We recognise that every child is unique and as such, need to be supported as they develop and learn in their own way and at their own pace.
At the foundation of our curriculum are the values of establishing and maintaining nurturing and respectful relationships and the importance of learning through play. We believe that secure, caring and consistent relationships and fostering opportunities for children to build resilience, explore their natural curiosity and engage in meaningful interactions, are vital elements of learning and development during children’s formative years.
We at Subicare consistently strive to:
- Recognise and respect the traditional owners of our land, the Whadjuk Nyoongar people, and indigenous elders past, present and future.
- Embrace diversity and promote multiculturalism, which further strengthens a sense of belonging.
- Establish and uphold strong, respectful and reciprocal relationships with children, families, staff and the wider community.
- Provide safe, stimulating, engaging and inclusive environments and experiences that extend on children’s knowledge and skills and encourage confidence, building resilience and independence.
- Encourage children’s agency and involve them in decision making about their learning and environments, respecting that their ideas, interests and opinions are an integral part of their own learning journey.
- Inform, seek input from and maintain effective communication with service families.
- Value all staff, their experiences and opinions, offering regular opportunities to contribute ideas and input, and further enhance knowledge and encourage professional development.
- Uphold sustainable practices and be environmentally responsible.
Our service’s ethos places emphasis on the importance of social connection and with this belief in mind, our service practices encompass key elements of many different early childhood theories. Each care area within our service has its own philosophy, derived from input sought from children, families and staff and linking to elements of relevant early childhood theories, based on the age and abilities of the children within them.
The team at Subicare is led by our Centre Director, supported by a management team made up of a Centre Manager and an Education Manager.
Each care area is run by a team of Senior Educators and Educators, with our Kindy room programme delivered by our qualified Early Children Teacher.
Subicare is a not for profit incorporated association, run by a volunteer board working closely with centre management.Expressions of interest are always welcome from families to be involved in the Board or its sub committees. For more information contact Lindsay.
Current board members:
Emma Thunder Chair
Andrew Hanna Treasurer
Tim Dawkins Secretary
Yoni Li’el General Member
Amy Cooper General Member
Karinya Turnbull General Member
Michael Taylor General Member
Giselle Weybrecht General Member