Subicare's Recycling Guide
Subicare recognises that it plays an important role not just in preparing young children, but in fostering a respect and care for our environment. To help our families continue these sustainability lessons at home, we have put together this guide on what you can recycle in Subiaco and where to recycle it.
Categories highlighted within this guide include:
Families can recycle the following items at Subicare:
- Books in our community library
- Batteries and lightglobes
- Used coffee pods
- Eligible containers for the Containers for Change scheme (Subicare receives 10c per eligible container if you use our Scheme ID: C10301325)
Includes most aluminium, glass, plastic, steel and liquid paperboard drink containers that display the 10c refund mark on them.
- The West Metro Recycling Centre: They accept a lot of things so consult the full list. Includes cans, clothing, cardboard, e-waste, glass, household hazardous waste, plastic plant pots, light globes, paper, polystyrene. Other items can be dropped for for a fee (e.g. tyres, mattresses)
Address: Corner of Brockway Road and Lemnos Street (enter off Brockway Road)
- Buy Nothing Subiaco: This is a Facebook Group only for individuals living in Subiaco (every neighbourhood has their own buy nothing group).
You can post anything you'd like to give away and can also ask for anything you'd like to receive free or borrowed.
- King Edward Memorial Hospital: The op-shop located on the ground floor collects baby clothes in clean, good condition. Drop off at the hospital or at the front office at Subicare for staff/children to deliver.
- Earthwise: Accept donations of clothing, jewellery, kitchenware etc. Items are also available for sale.
- Salvos Stores Subiaco: Address: 68A Rowland St, Subiaco WA 6008
- RSPCA Revolved Fashion: Address: 1/112 Rokeby Rd, Subiaco WA 6008
- Good Sammy: Address: 28 Rokeby Rd, Subiaco WA 6008
- Donation bins are located throughout Subiaco.
- Subiaco Public Library: Bins for batteries, printer cartridges, light globes. Address: 237 Rokeby Rd, Subiaco WA 6008
- Office Works: Bins at entrance for pens, electronics, batteries, catridges. Address: 160 Hay St, Subiaco WA 6008
- Bunnings: Bins at entrance for batteries and light globes. Address: 55 Salvado Rd. Subiaco WA 6008
- Subiaco Primary School: Box for old mobile phones in the library just inside the front door.
- Earthwise: They have bins where the community can dispose of food scraps. They all sell worms, worm castings and coffee grounds (good for growing mushrooms) that can be used in kitchen gardens as an organic fertiliser. Address: 315 Bagot Rd, Subiaco WA 6008
- West Metro Recycling Centre: Free collection of mulch for residents. Bring containers/trailer (self serve). Also recycle plastic plant pots.
- Farmer Jacks: Large bin near Butcher for plastic bags. Address: 180 Rokeby Rd, Subiaco WA 6008
- REDcycle: Any soft plastic that can be scrunched into a ball (e.g. biscuit wrappers, pasta bags, plastic bags, cereal liners, bread bags etc. full list here ) Bins available at Coles and Woolworth at Subiaco Station.
- Give Write: Accept stationery for kids in need (e.g. pens, sharpeners, pencils, erasers, glue, exercise books, crayons, calculators, scissors, backpacks etc.), everything except ring binders and lever arch files.
- Subiaco Primary School: Used pens can be recycled in the library at Subiaco Public School (box just inside front door) and at Office Works.
- Alinea: Accepts and sells used books. 10 Shelby Street, Shenton Park
- Subiaco Community Men’s Shed: Open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Morning sessions (running from 9am - 1pm), and afternoon sessions (running from 1pm - 5pm) on each of these days. Tours available at 10.15am on Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays.
Address: 63 Bagot Rd, Subiaco WA 6008